Sew Like a PRO!
Create clothes that look 'ready-made'
with easy sewing tutorials.
Learn Sewing Techniques
or Improve Your Sewing Skills
What our Students Say About Our
Why You Need this Class on Sewing Techniques
- Learning to sew as a beginner is great!
- Earning an income from your sewing is even better!
- Learning how to sew like a professional with perfect finishing and a stream of customers who keep coming back because they cannot get enough of your work is the best!
Simply put, whether you are sewing for pleasure or for business, with perfect finishing, you will get lots of customers - and repeat customers!
And lots of referrals as well.
As we used to say when I was in paid employment:
'the result for good work is more work!'
If customers love your work, you will get more work! It's that simple!
Differentiate Yourself with Sewing Skills
that have the Perfect Finish!
Check out some clothes we made
in our Clothing Factory
It doesn't matter if you learnt from a fashion school or you were an apprentice in a tailor's shop!
If you want to sew clothes that look 'ready-made' so your customers will keep coming back, you will learn these simple techniques in this Online Course!
'In Fashion School, my teacher could not stand bad sewing! She maintained that our
clothes must always look perfect on the inside as they look on the outside.
Making clothes is not just about joining pieces of fabric together.
It is also about sewing with a conscience and this became a part of me.
Ensuring that every piece I made looked perfect.
Till today, I cannot bear to give my customer an outfit with bad finishing.
I guess that was why my clothing factory became popular.
My customers deserved the best and that was what I gave them.
Your customers deserve it as well and you deserve to be proud of your work!
Founder, Martwayne & Garment Production House
Who is the Course for?
- Anyone who wants to learn how to sew with a solid foundation;
- Anyone who needs to sew with a perfect finish;
- Anyone who wants to improve their self confidence;
- Anyone who knows they need to improve on their finishing;
- Anyone who wants to increase their customer base and keep their customers coming back!
- Anyone who wants to create perfect clothes without a serger or overlocker (also commonly called 'whipping' machine.
If you fall into any of these categories, this Short Course will teach you different sewing techniques and sewing tips ranging from french seams to how to sew a zipper.
It is perfect for you if you are a beginner or if you can already sew but you your work can be better! If our 9 year olds in our Sewing Classes for Kids Online Course can learn how to sew from scratch, then it should be a piece of cake for you.
What Will You Learn?
Sewing Tips for Beginners
- Introduction to Sewing for Beginners Classes.
- Know Your Sewing Tools' Names, including sewing tools and equipment pictures that you need to create the perfect factory finish.
- Sewing Machine for Beginners, including how to set up a sewing machine, how to thread a sewing machine and how to thread an industrial sewing machine.
- How to sew with a sewing machine and sew perfect straight lines, curves, seams etc including how to sew a dart.
Types of Seam Finishes
- Different kinds of sewing machine feet.
- Basic sewing techniques and how to finish raw edges of fabric.
- How to finish a seam without a serger.
- Finishing seams with a serger.
- Clean finish seams and raw edges, including french seam, flat-fell seam, hong kong seam, how to make continuous bias tape, how to sew bias seams together etc.
How to Sew a Zipper
- How to sew different types of zippers including how to sew an invisible zip with invisible zipper foot;
- Lapped Zip, Centered Application and Grooved Zipper and the types of machine feet.
How to Make a Facing
- Including how to create, apply, fuse and how to sew a facing. you will need to sew different zippers.
How to Sew a Waistband
- How to sew a waistband with interfacing and how to sew a waistband on a skirt. Shows 2 different types of waistbands.
In total, over 60 sewing tutorials on sewing techniques!
How Does the Course Run?
The Online Sewing Classes run on our Online E-learning Platform. You learn at your own time and at your pace to enable you practise.
Our Online Platform is well structured and classes are split into Lessons and Topics. Topics are in bits and split into short videos to aid understanding and prevent you from getting overwhelmed.
You get unlimited access to the videos to watch wherever you are for 3 months and you can watch them over and over again.
Meet Your Instructor
South-African trained and experienced in various areas of the fashion industry, their relationship with the business community and the business of fashion. Expert Trainer with undergraduate degrees in Economics and Fashion Design, years of tax accounting and advisory experience with one of the Big-Four Accounting Firms, KPMG Professional Services and practical work experience in garment manufacturing.
'I have trained lots of fashion designers who are excelling in their fashion business and I have also run a garment factory.
Everyone knows I am a stickler for perfect finishing.
I can assure you, if your finishing is great,
people will pay good money for good work and keep coming back!
Founder, Martwayne & Garment Production House
Learn Wherever You Are
Access your Sewing Classes from any device - laptop, tablet or mobile phone
What Will I Need for the
Online Sewing Tutorials?
- Sewing Machine (any basic domestic electric sewing machine works with at least 5 stitches. 12 stitches will be even better). Any brand works.
- Tailor's Chalk
- Basic Needlework Kit which must include hand needles
- Roll of Thread / Threads
- Box of Dressmaker Pins
- Calico or any cotton fabric
- Interfacing (½ a yard is sufficient)
- A pair of Fabric Scissors or Dressmaker's Shears
- Measuring Tape
- Zips (including Invisible Zips)
- Sewing Snips or Small Handy Scissors to cut your threads (not necessary since you can always use your fabric scissors).
- Seam Ripper
- Steam Iron
- Ironing Table or any clean surface
- Large Cutting Table or any large surface (a clean floor works if you have space constraints)
You can add to this list as you go along. A quick google search will show what these items look like.
How Do I Register?
You can pay Online (recommended)
or via USSD or Bank Transfer (Naira only)
Course Fees are:
N5,000 / USD$24.99 only
PAY BY USSD or
DIRECT BANK TRANSFER (Naira ONLY)
GTBank, 023 710 3843, Martwayne Limited
Contact us via Whatsapp:
+234 814 340 2567
or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org