Who Is Your Ideal Customer ?
Your Ideal Customer avatar also known as a customer persona is simply a representation of your potential client . Knowing your ideal customer will help better understand how to communicate with them. Thus, enabling you to create a Fashion line that is tailored to solve their needs. Whether what they need is comfort clothing , or a corporate lady look .
Perhaps they just want to identify with you as a luxury brand. Whatever the case is, a complete customer profile helps you create a personalized service.
How Detailed Should a Bio Persona Be?
It should be as detailed as possible. It’s not enough to say your customer avatar is a married woman that wants to look sweet sixteen. I mean that’s part of it, but not all!
It should be as detailed as giving your customer avatar a name, identifying the demographic details, interests, behaviour, location, e. t. c
How Do You Create Buyer Persona?
- Digital Channel Analytics
- Sales Data
- Customer Reviews
Your customer Avatar can be more than , depending on how big your brand is, thus understanding your customers will help with segmentation and personalization.
Which then leads to the Importance of Creating a Customer Avatar
- Creating a bio persona helps you not only to sell your clothes to the right people, it also helps you sell the right experience and feelings. You communicate your value proposition better.
- It makes you understand the appropriate content to create on your social media platforms.
- A customer Avatar also gives you insight into your Buyer’s journey, i . e what buying stage are they?
- It makes you understand the audience you create during your Facebook ads, google ads, e. t. c
- Having an appropriate audience will make it easier to create a look-alike audience, thus more brand awareness.
CREATING A BUYER PERSONA- Information to Include;
- Age range
- Marital Status
- Family life-style
- Annual Income range
You want to understand the industry your buyer persona works in . For instance, if your customer is a fresh graduate , working in a consulting firm, and her current pain-points are getting affordable professional clothing then you shouldn’t be marketing a lounge wear to her at that stage.
Goals and Values
A good understanding of your customer’s personalities and attitudes will help your targeting better align with their world. Psychographics helps you get more personal and enables you to sell more than a piece of clothing. Rather, you sell an emotion with it.
- What does Mary think about sustainable Fashion?
- Is she a detailed oriented person?
- What are her career goals?
- What professional goals does she have?
- What challenges does she face while shopping online?
- Does she have fit issues?
- How often would she love to shop in a month?
- What are her concerns in life?
Social Influence/ Information
Consider doing research on what type of information your client is interested in. Where and how it is sourced.
- Topics of interest
- Social Media Platforms
- Favorite blogs
- Conferences she attends.
- Types of newsletters and magazines she loves to read.
- How often would she like to change her wardrobe?
- What objections does she have when deciding to make a purchase?
- Is she interested in a monthly package?
ther Factors may include the following;
- How they spend their free time
- How does the season of the year affect the purchasing power?
- Would they love to be featured on your page?
Never assume you know your customers enough , ensure you do your research , collect as much data as possible rather than a guess work.
With a good grasp of these details, you can take it further by giving your customer avatar a name and even a face. Create your customer avatar in such a way that it is easy for you and your team to understand.
Enjoyed reading this article? How well do you know your customer? Share with us in the comment section.
Join Our Business Webinars every Thursday, @ 8pm WAT, live on Instagram where Professionals share fantastic tips and tricks to help your business grow.